Thursday 18 September 2014

Kate's Dress

Pattern: Self drafted
Fabric: 1.5M 60" Linen (Osman)
Fabric: 2.5M 45" Lawn Cotton Lining (Harisons)
Details:
  • Drafted from studying Kate Middleton's yellow dress
  • Also tweaked on the muslin fitting before cutting the fabric
  • Fully lined
  • Seams are stitched and then pinked.
 
Muslin for fitting

All ready to sew

Fully lined

Inside the unlined garment

Thread chain or known as French tack to avoid the lining riding up.  Note the pinked seams
The lining at the arm hole is turned and hand stitched to envelope the armscye seam.  Darts for the lining are folded and invisible zip is applied

Bias binding hemming for the sleeves and hem

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! It's amazing that you've drafted this yourself! I hope to try that one day and be as successful as you are! I like the yellow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, so many steps.
    JessW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Barbara. I couldn't reply to you as there was no-reply on your account. I would love to talk via email as we have similar tastes. I was introduced to your blog by Margaret (Solstitches) as I am a stitcher too.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete